The Story of a Marsh — Now a Harbor

The Windsor Star, May 12, 1928

Toronto in the Good Ole Days, Toronto Sunday World, May 10, 1914

How the bones of Leslieville residents ended up in a schoolyard in Corktown

They arrive here to the extent of about 300 to 600 by any steamer. The sick are immediately sent to the hospital which has been given up to them entirely and the healthy are fed and allowed to occupy the Immigrant Sheds for 24 hours; at the expiration of this time, they are obliged to keep moving, their rations are stopped and if they are found begging are imprisoned at once. Means of conveyance are provided by the Corporation to take them off sat once to the country, and they are accordingly carried off “willy-nilly” some 16 or 20 miles, North, South, East and West and quickly put down, leaving the country to support them by giving them employment

Mired in Mud, Toronto Boy Cheats Death in Quicksand, Ashbridge’s Bay

Six Laner to Soar, Globe and Mail, May 4, 1954

Looking for the Ghost of Leslie Creek

a creek … also started near the sandpit and ran through the gardens of Cooper’s, Bests and Hunters, crossed the road by the Leslie Postoffice. Here it joined a small creek that drained the nursery, and both crossed Leslie street under a bridge that has since been filled up by intersecting sewers.  The Globe, JanuaryContinue reading “Looking for the Ghost of Leslie Creek”

Location, Location, Location

A Graphic Presentation of Toronto’s Real Estate Activity, Toronto Star, May 1, 1912 Key to the Map The Neighbourhoods